Monday, January 13, 2014

Gray Linen School Photo Dress

 It has been too long (2 years ago) since I've sewn up the School Photo Dress. Sharon from Sweet Pea and Pumpkins hosted a School Photo Dress sew along last week, sharing tutorials Part 1 and Part 2 for the dress on the Oliver + S blog, it was just the motivation I needed to jump in and sew another one. And what a bonus that everything came from my stash, I thankfully didn't have to go out in the frigid cold weather to purchase anything.
 Project details:
Pattern: Oliver + S School Photo Dress (difficulty level 3 out of 4 scissors) view A collar with view B sleeves
Size: 6-12M
Modifications: sewn up by the pattern, but just a few changes in the finishing details: I omitted the button & thread loop at the back of the collar, for the armhole seams I finished them with bias tape, and I hand sewed the lining to the back of the invisible zipper
Fabrics: gray linen, white cotton voile lining (perfect fabrics for warmer temperatures)
Notions: 10 inch invisible zipper, hook and eye closure
Made for: Dress a Girl Around the World
 The School Photo dress is my favorite Oliver + S design (gotta love that kangaroo pocket). All the 3 out of 4 scissors Oliver + S sewing patterns are couture for kids, you won't be disappointed.
The calendar has turned to 2.0.1.4 ~ may it be a year filled with fun sewing!