Thursday, May 2, 2013

Whole Cloth Quilt

 Craft Hope {Project 21} Rally for Roma is going on right now. They are accepting (until May 20th) handmade blankets, hats, and scarves; sewn, knit or crochet.
 
I decided to sew a whole cloth quilt ~ my first one :)
This is a great project for a first time machine quilter. I used just 1 yard of fabric for the top (itty bitty berry by Alexander Henry) and 1 yard for the backing (solid cotton), then a little extra fabric for the binding (vintage floral). I'm not very experienced with quilting and I think I may have broken a few rules. I kept it really simple and only sewed parallel lines for the quilting. Also I rounded the corners, to do this I took a circle jar lid and traced it at each corner.

I found these tutorials to be helpful:
Molly's Sketchbook: Windowpane Wholecloth Baby Quilt @ the Purl bee
Whole Cloth Quilt @ Sew, Mama, Sew!


A very satisfying sewing project that I would definitely do again!