Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Simple Dress


I was thinking of all of the polka dot fabrics that I had in my stash, then went to pull them all out. Then I remembered a vintage polka dot fabric I had and I ended up digging an old sewing project out of the abandoned project pile (put in there 3 year ago!!!)

The pattern for this sewing project is called the Simple Dress, from the book Simple Sewing for Baby by Lotta Jansdotter, it's size 24 months, just a simple little polka dot dress (finally) finished with white (store bought) bias tape trim. The vintage fabric is actually polka dotted polka dots, how fun is that??

For the button closure in the back I did a hand sewn button loop.

Feels so good to rescue a failed project, to at last be completed with it. Now this dress will move on and be actually worn as it will be donated to Dress A Girl Around the World.

More bonus points to me as I only used materials from my stash :)

Happy Wednesday, up next more polka dots… when the dresses will be even smaller.